Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday Plans

My daughter's birthday is next month and despite my day dreams of a fabulous party in the sea green house, I better come up with alternate plans. 

There is a cute children's bookstore that I'm leaning towards as a venue. I try to support independent businesses whenever I can (and when the service and products warrant it) so it would kill two birds with one stone. The same book store is having an American Girl Doll event next week which will be a free way to engage in one of her favorite hobbies. 

I'm conflicted about AG as a past time, there is something untoward about buying a $130 bedroom set for a depression era doll during a depression! But as long as she continues to regard Hannah Montana with a mixture of disdain and morbid curiousity, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment