Monday, February 16, 2009

"Them"

Our library jaunt was fun and informative.

I felt like Rip Van Winkle, I knew the cards would be electronic but I still had my daughter prepared to sign something. We went to one of the smaller local branches and I was impressed both by the hours, (last time I went to the library regularly Sunday hours were rare) and by the number of computers.

My son automatically found a book based on that childhood classic The Transformers. Which was actually cool b/c that definitely falls into the category of things I don't have a problem with him looking at but am not spending money on. After we had already checked it out, I realized that the last 4/5 pages are missing. But I'm secure in my knowledge that my husband can come up with an ending that rivals whatever Bruckheimer and his collaborators concocted.

My daughter's obsession is Junie B. Jones so after her fix I went in search of some light reading of my own. We own tens of books I've yet to read ( I wanted to tell the kind librarian that we were a literate family despite our unfamiliarity with how libraries work in this century!) but couldn't put my finger on exactly what I wanted.

But then I came across "Them" by Nathan McCall and remembered it touched on a lot of the issues that have come up in our house search. I started it yesterday and would love to hear from anyone who has read it...

No comments:

Post a Comment