Friday, March 27, 2009

HBO

According to Troy Patterson HBO has a dud on their hands in the form of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. The San Francisco Gate is kinder, calling it lyrical, but ultimately says it has a CBS Hallmark movie vibe.

Which pretty much damns it for this Deadwood fanatic.

Even though I couldn't get thru a season of John from Cincinnati that's what I want from HBO.

I have been known to swim in the shallow end of the TV viewing pool by cozying up for a night of CBS. But I tune into Cold Case fully expecting unintentional laughs and awful acting. Thank you writers and Kathryn Morris for never disappointing me!

I valiantly attempted to finish one of the books in The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency but was unsuccessful. The situation was far from ideal, I was in an overcrowded, understaffed, city hospital having a miscarriage while correctional officers wheeled laboring inmates by. But Troy Patterson confirms my negative impression of the books. So despite compromised circumstances, my literary instincts were spot on.

I'm hoping Grey Gardens salvages HBO's april.

No comments:

Post a Comment