Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stanley Crouch & Katt Williams

Both make me happy.

Crouch can be found on The Daily Beast and while I often disagree with him, I always find his point of view valuable.

Katt Williams was profiled by Kelefa Sanneh in the April 13th edition of The New Yorker (without the library I'd be completely magazine-less so I won't complain about being a little behind) . The profile isn't particularly illuminating for someone who peruses Rhymes with Snitch and the like but I'm going to go on the assumption that a great deal of The New Yorker's readership does not.

I know plenty of black folks who regard Williams as a shuckin' and jivin' smurf. But I find his comedy to be intelligent, nuanced and side splitting-ly funny. Things I find absent in the work of Tyler Perry.

No comments:

Post a Comment