Friday, April 3, 2009

Stating the Obvious

I don't understand how much courage it took for Valerie Bertinelli to don a bikini.

Am not amazed at Kathy Ireland's weight loss journey.

And am glad that Angie Harmon enjoyed her post pregnancy "curves", though of course I disagree with many of her definitions since I don't find Republicans "classier".

Of course I could stop reading People Magazine.

That would be easy enough, despite the sadistic pleasure I get from my tabloids.

But I don't want to give up 30 Rock or The New Adventures of Old Christine. Both of which generate a lot of their humor from the premise that two attractive, fit, well dressed women are overweight and slovenly.

I'm not holding my breath for realistic portrayals of women in prime time but I wish two of my favorite shows weren't quite so fantastical...

No comments:

Post a Comment