Saturday, May 23, 2009

Liberty University



Has decided to disband it's nascent Democratic club.

Give me a cause I believe in and I'll jiffy up a placard in no time, but I'm always at a loss as to why folks try and fight these particular battles in these particular places. Be it this case or the boy barred from going to the "dancing" prom.

It goes without saying that the story is different for public institutions using public funds. I'm also glad that various law suits brought The Boy Scouts of America's policies regarding religion and homosexuality to the national forefront so that people can make informed decisions about their son's participation.

You could have a lengthy debate on the depth and breadth of ideological diversity on any university campus. But it seems particularly misguided to look for it at Liberty University, Bob Jones University or the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment