Sunday, May 3, 2009

Zack & Cody vs Mr. Roarke & Tattoo

First world problem alert.

I've been agonizing over the introduction of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody into our lives. Like most household pests they are proving impossible to shake. Dan Savage did a piece for This American Life a couple of years ago that covers all the odious bases of the show.

But then I remembered my child hood obsession with The Love Boat and Fantasy Island. I'm pretty sure that I pretended to have a night cap before bed just like my favorite cruise shippers. My all time favorite episode starred The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

So if I survived a childhood filled with inane TV so can the kiddos.

1 comment:

  1. I was also quite the fan of Fantasy Island and Love Boat! So far my kids have not discovered Zach and Cody...the stake under my fingernail is Spongebob...thanks Grandpa Mick for introducing that little friend!

    ReplyDelete