Thursday, July 23, 2009

Checking In

I knew I would blog considerably less during the summer but even I'm shocked at how little I've managed to say. Of course there was the undisclosed writing project (which, if I give the details of will doom it, because that's obviously how things work) and a lot more traveling through July than I had originally planned.

I'm seriously considering getting a masters in library science, right at the time when many libraries-including ours- are cutting staff and hours. I'm beyond fortunate that my father in law will pay for it and by the time I actually complete the degree things may be on the upswing. Anyway I'm glad that I have the option, should I choose to use it...

I've started using Twitter. I don't post anything (because I fail to see how the excitement of my day-two for one strawberries at the Farmers Market- interests anyone) but love following B/C list celebrities, who are all sorts of crazy.

I know all bloggers are constantly amused by where their traffic comes from and I'm no different. Lots of Aleksander Skarsgard fans, at least 4 a day find themselves here. I wanted to do a public service for all the people who come here looking for boy friendly arts and crafts projects but time hasn't allowed that.

Off tomorrow for the longest of our summer adventures, a 13 hour car trip. We are at the point where the kids are good travelers, they only ask "are we there yet?" every couple of hours as opposed to every 20 minutes. And even better we will be coming home with out them so whatever they are up to tomorrow, I can take solace in knowing I'm returning home to peace and quiet.


1 comment:

  1. That is a funny label for your post! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete