Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fashion Forward

My cancer wasn't particularly life changing or affirming, it basically underlined everything that I already felt. The one change that it has wrought is superficial and wardrobe related. Once upon a time I liked the clothes in my closet, I know what works for me and my clothes summed up my personality. These days not so much. Packing up to move highlighted how very sad my clothing is. Finding the money for new clothes on top of all our other moving related expenses will be hard but at this point very necessary to my mental health.

I've been inspired by all of the fat fashion bloggers out there and will try and do some shots of me once I start shopping. I'm not particularly fatalistic but if my days are numbered I'll be damned if I spend them in faded yoga pants and stained t shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment